By Bev McGillivray, Clinic Visionary
All moms are busy, and I’m no exception.
Although I yearn for peace and quiet at times, the truth is I love to be surrounded by all the people in my life that keep me busy: my three children, my hubby, my labrador retriever and my beloved team at Project Skin MD.
With all of this glorious pandemonium in my life, I still make an attempt to take care of myself. As all moms know, this isn’t easy! I exercise regularly and eat healthy (without denying myself some guilty pleasures…) and good skincare is always a priority.
Here are my busy mama musts for great skin:
1. No matter how exhausted I am, I never go to bed without washing my face. I always use my Clarisonic, followed by a few drops of SkinCeuticals Retexturing Activator to exfoliate and hydrate, followed by the latest SkinCeuticals innovation, H.A. Intensifier. Lastly, I top it all off with SkinCeuticals A.G.E Interrupter. This may sound like a lot of work but it only takes seconds.
2. I use good sun protection on my face year round. Everyday I use SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic to boost photoprotection and Physical Fusion SPF 50. It’s the most elegant sunscreen I’ve found and covers like a light, dewy foundation. Some days, that’s all I use! With a skiff of mascara, I’m good to go!
3. Confession: my favourite treatment is BOTOX®. There, I said it! Why? Because as a busy woman I get exhausted. And seriously, it shows all over my face. The miracle of (properly injected) BOTOX is that it makes your skin look smoother, lifted, and more rested. Your eyes open a bit wider, your brows lift, and the angry crease between your brows fades away. A few days after treatment I look like I’ve just returned from Maui!
4. Our new Express Facials in the PS Glow Room make it much easier for me to hop into a chair at the bar and get a facial. Hallelujah for Jess who does an amazing job in 30 minutes! If I can, I will steal another 20 minutes to sit under our Max+ LED light to gently address my current concerns. It’s also a great place to take a little nap!
5. I try to have a Thermage® or Ultherapy® at least once a year. There’s really no down time and it’s a good investment of a couple hours to lift and tighten the skin’s foundation. The downward descent of my face is not something I’m relishing these days, and both of these devices help.
I do other treatments as needed; vascular laser when broken capillaries are prominent, Fraxel® when my texture is calling for attention, and a little filler now and then too. They all seem to have a wonderful cumulative effect over time because somehow, my skin is better now than it was in my 30s!
Aging truly “ain’t for sissies” but I am grateful that I’m fighting it as gracefully as possible.
> This month we want you to be pampered! We are offering side-by-side Express Facials in the Glow Room, paired with a special glō•minerals lip duo ($30 value), and delicious refreshments for just $170 ($230 value)!
*Package available at Project Skin MD (Vancouver), and SkinCeuticals by Project Skin (Richmond Centre). Valid from May 1-31, limited appointments available. Payment in full is required upon booking to secure both appointments. Our 48-hour cancellation policy applies.*
We also have the perfect gift for any special mama in your life – the SkinCeuticals Multi-Masking Kit.
> 1 Phyto Corrective Masque (60ml)
> 1 Clarifying Clay Masque (60ml)
> 1 SkinCeuticals Cleanser (240ml)
All for $170
+ receive a FREE 15 ml Retexturing Activator ($42 value)